Enjoy the crafts and take a jarapa woven by you.
HILACAR, is a textile workshop, located in the heart of the Alpujarra, Sierra Nevada. It was created with the commitment to convey to the public the great value that the trade of Weaving has, the tradition that it carries with it and that each one of the jarapas that handmade hands have.
HILACAR emerged as a personal project of Ana Martinez, dedicated to the recovery of the textile crafts of the Alpujarra. Jarapa word derived from "rags", which are used rags and strips, which recycled find their last use.
With the illusion of making the art of weaving known, in the workshop you can see, design and even make your own carpet, transmitting knowledge through courses and training workshops.
The object of our work is to conserve this artisan activity of times of the Muslim Alpujarra and to maintain the historical cultural and patrimonial value in an environment of the Sierra Nevada National and Natural Park.
- Languages spoken: Spanish
Badges and Recognitions
- Artesana reconocida con la distinción Maestra Artesana
- Galardón al desarrollo sostenible por Andanatura
- Centro CIE (Centro de Interpretación Etnográfica)
- Marca de Garantía Artesanía de la Alpujarra
- Marca Parque Natural de Andalucía
- Certificado Europarc Carta Europea del Turismo Sostenible en Espacios Naturales